This post may contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leasing A Home
Renting or Leasing A Home and Documents Needed
What You Need To Have
- Credit Checks* – Most recent. e.g 30 days or so, is the trend. Equifax is the preferred choice.
- Job letter*.
- Salary details and Pay stubs*
- Work Place reference
- Photo id of the no of people occupying the place.
- Post-dated cheques.*
In addition To Above Landlords Also Ask For
- No of Cars Park needed.
- 1st and last month cheque/draft as rent.
- Refundable Key and FOB deposits if applicable.
- Tenant Insurance coverage.
- Transfer of Utilities on Tenants name
- Upkeep of the backyard and front lawn.
- Snow removal
- Interview with the owner.
- Lease Form and Rental application – (Prepared by Realtor)
…….if a property is listed, this is very much in practice and there could be more to it.
However, if you were renting a place own your own, or properties not listed, some of these may not be applicable.