This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How Can I Get Rid Of Mold In My Washing Machine.
Mold in a washing machine can be a common problem, especially in front-load machines, as they tend to trap moisture inside the drum. Here are some steps you can take to get rid of mold in your washing machine:
- Run a hot cycle with bleach: Add about 2 cups of bleach to the detergent dispenser or directly into the drum, and run the machine on the hottest cycle available. This can help kill the mold and remove any buildup in the machine.
- Run a hot cycle with vinegar: Alternatively, you can use white vinegar instead of bleach. Add 2 cups of vinegar to the detergent dispenser or directly into the drum, and run the machine on the hottest cycle available. Vinegar can help kill bacteria and remove odors.
- Clean the rubber gasket: If your machine has a rubber gasket around the door, it can be a common place for mold to grow. Use a cloth or sponge to clean the gasket with a mixture of water and vinegar or bleach. Be sure to dry the gasket thoroughly after cleaning. One Can also try online washing machine cleaners.
- Leave the door open: After each use, leave the washing machine door open to allow air to circulate and prevent moisture buildup. This can help prevent mold from growing in the future.
- Use a washing machine cleaner: You can also use a commercial washing machine cleaner to remove mold and buildup. Follow the instructions on the package for best results.
By following these steps, you can help get rid of mold in your washing machine and prevent it from returning.